Consumer Advocate

Sign up for newsletters and other news
Media > Newsletters > Consumer Advocate > November 2012

Consumer Advocate RSS feeds

Where to Get a Copy of Your Deed

If you want to obtain a copy of the deed to your home, contact your local county recorder.


Scam Alert: International Driver’s License

Drivers: Beware of ads offering an “International Driver’s License.” In Ohio, there is no such thing as an international driver’s license.  


Protecting Older Ohioans: AG Sues Hearing Aid Seller for Misleading Consumers

In Ohio, a business can’t advertise products or services as free when the cost of the “free” item is passed on to the consumer.


The Best Way to Handle 'Card Member Services' Calls

Consumers throughout the nation are reporting numerous calls from 'Card Member Services' or similar-sounding companies that violate Do Not Call regulations. The best thing you can do? Don’t respond.