Law Enforcement > Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy > OPOTA Course Catalog > Course Categories > Crime Scene Courses > Basic Crime Scene Investigation
Crime Scene Courses
Basic Crime Scene Investigation
Crime scenes can be a chaotic location that may make or break your case. Law enforcement can benefit from having a game plan when it comes to securing and processing a crime scene.
This course is designed to:
1. Educate any officer who responds to, processes, or supervises crime scenes
2. Explain current methods and trends in crime scene processing
3. Demonstrate how to secure crime scenes so evidence is not missed or destroyed
4. Explain how laboratory examinations of evidence collected at the crime scene may benefit their cases
5. Show the proper photographs that should be taken at crime scenes
6. Suggest crime scene processing equipment that can be utilized by officers
Attendees will receive copies of suggested crime scene documentation paperwork and forms to assist them in creating crime scene processing packets for their agency.
Note: Attendees are encouraged to bring crime scene equipment or cameras they are familiar with so we can discuss the proper way to use it
-April 30, 2014 @ Owens Community College, 30150 Tracy Rd, Walbridge, OH 43465
||Private security cost
|April 30, 2014