Law enforcement from across the state will gather at 11 a.m. May 3 to honor six of their peers who lost their lives in the line of duty in 2011 and six historical nominees. The Ohio Peace Officers’ Memorial Ceremony — marking its 25th anniversary — will take place at the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy in London.
Those lost in 2011:
- Deputy Suzanne M. Hopper of the Clark County Sheriff’s Office, who was shot on Jan. 1, 2011, while responding to a call at a local campground
- Officer Thomas R. Hayes of the Columbus Division of Police, who died Jan. 20, 2011, from complications resulting from a 1979 gunshot wound
- Officer Jonathan V. Bastock of the Stow Police Department, who died Feb. 5, 2011, from an on-duty injury
- Capt. Daniel Stiles of the Uniontown Police Department, who died Feb. 15, 2011, while directing traffic
- Officer Andrew S. Dunn of the Sandusky Police Department, who was shot while confronting a suspect on March 19, 2011
- Sgt. Brian S. Dulle of the Warren County Sheriff’s Office, who died May 10, 2011, after being struck by a suspect’s vehicle